Saturday 25 June 2016

June's Floral Favourite's ...

Good Morning!
It's been a little while since I've had the chance to post on here so today I thought I'd share with you my favourite's from around the garden this month. 

Right back at the start of the month the Hebe 'Pearl of Paradise' of which i'd grown from a cutting came into flower. Even though they only flower for a few weeks of the year the blooms on this variety are well worth the wait.


Geum 'Tangerine' has also been flowering prolifically throughout the month ...

slowly followed by Geum 'Cosmopolitan'

My David Austin Rose 'Princess Alexandra of Kent' has produced some lovely blooms with a perfume to match.

The new variety of Cosmos called 'Xanthos' has recently come into bloom the past fortnight, so far the flowers are sparing but they are lovely to look at.

One of my favourite plants that I like to grow as an Annual each year are Nemesia's. Along with the Vanilla White variety dotted around the garden in Pots and Baskets I have a pot of the variety 'Easter Bonnet' of which you can smell straight away when walking past. 

The Hanging Baskets are slowly starting to fill out and establish themselves ...

Astrantias 'Rubra' and 'Buckland' have started coming into flower this past week ...


along with the Alstroemeria Inca Ice 'Koice' sitting outside the Greenhouse door ...

Finally followed by the first blooms from the Sweat Peas in the past 2 days.

Thanks for popping by, I hope you all get the chance to spend some time in your gardens this weekend!
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

2 comments:

  1. Some lovely flowers, Nat! I treated myself to a red Astrantia the other week - my green and white variety are blooming brilliantly and have been split, so I now have a good few clumps around the garden! Love the alstromeria - I would love to grow these but have told they can be a bit temperamental, have you had any issues with yours and did you grow them from bulb? Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info, chicken! Will have to keep an eye out in the garden centres for one - love them as cut flowers too! Hugs, Lisa x

      Delete