Wednesday 27 April 2016

Harrogate Spring Flower Show ...

Good Afternoon!
As promised I'm back today to share some photo's from Harrogate Spring Flower Show. I didn't take photo's of all the stands, that would've just been too tricky due to the amount of people around ... and the amount of stands! However I did take some snaps of the plants that caught my eye and it seems this year I am particularly fond of Alpines ... 
I'l warn you now, this post has a lot of photographs!

First up is this Alpine trough which was the very first thing that caught my eye as soon as I walked into the Plant Pavillion. The selection of plants used and how natural they all looked is what drew me to them, the stand was by Harperley Hall Farm Nurseries.

Alongside was the stall by Hardy's Plants which showcased this lovely deep red Pulsatilla along with some statement plants such as the Angelica and Rheum Palmatum. The look was completed by the pinkish Geum which complimented the foliage colour of the Rheum palmatum.



Now I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of Orchids but these two caught my eye over an another stand, maybe I do like Orchids after all!


Further along this Sedum added itself to my plant wish list ...

Along with these Soldanella's on the Slack Top Nursery stand, I just love their feathery petals.


I particularly liked the natural colours of this planting combination ...

especially the soft yellow of this Saxifraga, just a shame the photo is a tad blurry!

More plants for my ever growing wish list spotted on various other stands ...



More stunning Auricula's ...



Of course it wouldn't be Spring without some Daffodils ...



Outside some of the stands were worthy of photographs too, I especially liked these figures made out of bronze ... but they certainly cost a pretty penny!


Well I hope you've enjoyed looking at these photo's almost as much as I enjoyed looking at the real thing!
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous day, Nat! Can I have one of everything, please!?! Particularly like that Tiarella Mystic Mist - unusual flowers and fantastic foliage and all the alpine planters are beautifully planted for a real natural look, as if they've been growing like that for ages!
    I don't think I've ever seen a plant as bright as the Auricula Spring Meadows - talk about needing sunglasses!
    I am definitely more of a plantswoman than a gardener (I can appreciate and look at plants and flowers for hours!) so would love to visit one of the flower shows one day...maybe Chelsea on Royal day?! Fabulous pics and thanks for sharing! Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete