Tuesday 10 February 2015

Things are Gearing Up ...

Good Morning!
A month or two ago I saw an offer in one of the Gardeners World Magazines that was too good to miss. 
It included 5 8 litre Bags, 5 'Charlotte' Seed Potatoes, a selection of 5 packets of Vegetable Seeds and some scrubbing gloves when your washing your home grown veg ... all for £5.65 inc postage!
Well I thought it was too good to miss and a great opportunity to try growing Potatoes for the first time this year.


I've read that 'chitting' seed potatoes is beneficial so decided I would give it a try. All you need is an egg box in which you can place your seed potatoes with the rounded end that has the most 'eyes' facing upwards. 
Place them somewhere cool but light.


I will keep you updated with my progress with the Potato Kit throughout the year, I can't wait to get going!

Before I go I couldn't resist sharing some more photo's of the Snowdrops in the garden, they're in full bloom and always a delight to look at!





Thanks for popping by,
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment