Friday 9 May 2014

Bank Holiday Treat ...

Good Morning!
I didn't get the last bank holiday off work so I was really happy that I did get the one on Monday. I spent the day with my parents and treated myself to a few new additions to the garden!


First up is this sweet little Alpine 'Armeria - Nifty Thrifty'. This plant is perfect for Rock Gardens or Alpine displays. It has variegated leaves and and cute little pom pom heads of pink flowers!


Next up is a larger version of a variety of plant that is another part of my Alpine display, Saxifraga. I already have the red and white versions in small Teracotta pots but I'd had my eye on the rose variety for a while and it makes the perfect centrepiece on my patio table.



Lastly is another plant I'd had my eye on for a while. 
This is a Hebe called 'Heartbreaker' and I love it's shock of purple and how vibrant it is. I teamed it with some Helichrysum 'Gold' and Viola's for a display pot.


Here's how my display is currently looking with a few Primroses also included. The Auricula 'Crimson Glow' is slowly starting to bloom and I can't wait until it does so properly.



Thanks for stopping by,
HAPPY GROWING!
XXX

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I really like that hebe too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Nat. Love alpines. Such dainty beauties :) Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are aren't they, you can't just buy one either once you start lol xxx

      Delete